Friday, November 23, 2012

Share Your Empowering Street Harassment Story


Here's a note from Holly Kearl, Founder of Stop Street Harassment:

Have you ever shut up or confused a street harasser, gotten an apology from one, or successfully reported one? Then I want to hear your story! Please fill out the form below.

Your story may be included in a forthcoming book featuring 50 empowering stories about stopping a street harasser.


Please email a photo of yourself (any kind, but please send the highest resolution you have) to go along with the story and send it to StopStreetHarassment@yahoo.com


Please fill out the form and send your photo by Dec. 15, 2012.


_____________________________________________________________

Background: In 2010, I wrote the book Stop Street Harassment: Making Public Places Safe and Welcoming for Women (Praeger Publisher) and have given 75 talks since then. People are always drawn to the handful of empowering stories I share about responding to street harassers and I think there is an audience out there eager to read book full of fun, encouraging, and entertaining stories.

I have a lot of great stories already, but I think readers will relate better to the stories if they have photos of the authors, and I don't have many stories with photos. So that's where you can help by sharing your stories and sending your photo. (To get an idea of what I envision, see this book and how it has fun, short stories, one per page, accompanied by a photo.)

The end of my proposed book will also highlight various innovative and creative anti-street harassment campaigns and projects worldwide for people who want ideas for what they can do in their community.

Thank You,
Holly Kearl, Founder of Stop Street Harassment

No comments:

Post a Comment